Getting your programme endorsed by SPPA
SPPA has 3 different endorsement categories that are defined in function of the qualification level of the programme, the number of practice learning (PL) hours offered*, and how the programme meets the Standards of Education and Training (SETs) and the Standards for Occupational Proficiency (SOPs) in Social Pedagogy.
SPPA does not prescribe the distribution of practice learning hours across levels, however it is expected that the number of practice learning hours increases with each level.
*1,400 PL hours = 200 PL days
What type of endorsement can I apply for?
Steps to get a programme endorsed by SPPA
1. The first step to applying for SPPA endorsement is to fill in a self-evaluation form:
- Download the endorsement application form for Category 1 and 2 here
- Download the endorsement application form for Category 3 here
2. Once complete, return it to firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Your application will be reviewed and confirmation will be sent in writing within 2 months
4. Pay the administrative fee (once we receive your application we will send you an invoice)
You might find it useful to read the following documents before submitting your application:
- Social Pedagogy Practice Learning Handbook 2022
- SPPA Endorsement Titles at Higher Education Levels handbook here
From October 2022 SPPA endorsement costs £200 in the first instance and £95 for renewal. Each endorsement will last for 2 years from the date of confirmation.
Please note that SPPA endorses learning programmes not individual people. SPPA is not a registering body, therefore we cannot process applications for equivalence of studies or recognition to work in the UK or Ireland. To find out more about academic recognition please visit the ENIC-NARIC website.
If you have any questions or wish more information about how to get your programme endorsed, please contact us at email@example.com